Tuesday, January 21, 2014

ADDICT

Saturday night, I made this spur of the moment decision to stop drinking caffeine.



I drink diet pop ALL DAY LONG, so this seemed to be a daunting task.  I pretty much get up in the morning, open a pop and sip it while getting ready, drink about half.  Come to work, open another drink it until about lunch time. Drink another and sometimes another in the late afternoon.  Come home, drink 1-2 more.  I rarely mix it up with anything else.  And whenever I drink caffeine free mistakenly, I totally notice and get headaches.

But, I don't like being addicted.  I also, for various reasons, would like to stop drinking pop at all, but am starting with just no caffeine. 

Anyway, things have gone great.  I have not gotten a headache yet.  I did feel one coming on a couple times, took aspirin, and it went away almost immediately.  The only major side effect I have felt is being tired, lethargic.  Monday I felt tired all day and today, I felt tired a little bit, but feel it getting better, which is awesome.

I can't believe how non-horrible it has been. Yay! Proud of myself as I was reallllllly addicted. 

I have been doing this awesome ab workout, as well as a kewl leg one I found.  I mix these in with my other workouts for some variety.  The ab workout is a 30 day workout, and I am on day 21. 

Here is the ab workout: http://nsfitbitch.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/ab-challenge.jpg.  Thus far, I am really excited by the progress I have made with planks.  Up to 80 seconds.  The situps, weirdly, are the hardest part for me and the leg lifts are the easiest.

Here is the leg workout:  http://fit-bits.blogspot.com/2013/06/day-three-of-juneathon-tribesports.html.  This kicked my butt the first time I did it and I was sore for 3 days.  I think the wall holds are the hardest.

Found this great new site for buying discount stuff and ordered two necklaces SO cheap.  One was $6 and one was $10.  Shipping is really cheap too.  Check it out!  https://www.groopdealz.com/invite/612920

Got my hair done today by Nona and Daybreak Spa.  She was out on maternity leave, and is back and I was happy to see her!  Yay for color touchups and trims.

It has been SOOO cold this week.  Ugh.  Temps are not supposed to be above 20 for a while.  I hate it.  The power went out twice at work today, no idea why.  Luckily the second time was just as we were leaving for the day.

Hope everyone is staying warm!
 

1 comment:

COL said...

I've been without caffeine for almost 4 years now. If I have a little, it keeps me awake. The lethargy went away after a few weeks. I used to do 2 cups of coffee in the morning and 3-4 cans of diet coke in the afternoon. I never ate because I was never hungry from all of the caffeine. So glad you decided to go cold turkey! <3