Monday, July 19, 2010

Mediation Training

So, I signed up today to take a 40 hour mediation course next week and will be out of the office the entire week, which is really weird! Normally, if I am out, I am on vacation and not working elsewhere. The training is in Ann Arbor, every day, from 830-530. One of my friends is taking it as well, so I will know at least one person there. I am actually kinda excited, even though I swore I was never going back to school! I don't really count this as school though since it's at a hotel, haha, and I am doing it to add on an element to my business. I have always really wanted to take this course, and have never really had time until now. I still don't really have time, but we are making it work. I think Mediation is something I would be really good at, since my main goal in my general practice is to help people settle their cases. I can argue really well if the need is there, but I think in family law, it's best to settle cases since we are dealing with people's families, and they need to get along in the long run for the kids.

Wow, lawyers do have morals sometimes! :).

Went and had a massage after work, since I had a headache this weekend and could tell my body was telling me to go in. Hopefully it does the trick.

Got a long day tomorrow (early court and late appointments), so off to bed for me! Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mediation has big a BIG help in a lot of our family cases - especially collaborative divorce mediation! I hope you enjoy the training!

Nancy said...

good luck!

Mike Robeson said...

Dear Kurt and Lori,
Have you heard anything from the government on your last letter to them about Flight 253?
Your last blog on the issue was in January. What's the latest?
Thanks!
Michael Robeson
mikerobeson@yahoo.com

Mike Robeson said...

Dear Kurt and Lori,
Have you heard anything from the government on your last letter to them about Flight 253?
Your last blog on the issue was in January. What's the latest?
Thanks!
Michael Robeson
mikerobeson@yahoo.com