Monday, March 22, 2010

Interesting Story

So, I was in court today for several hearings and was wondering why Channel Four News was in the courtroom taping. Figured out that it was because of a case of two gay women who broke up, have kids together (one is not the biological parent) and now the nonbiological parent wants custody and parenting time. Of course, Michigan does not recognize gay marriage, gay adopion, gay ANYTHING, etc., so there really is no legal standing or case law to discuss this, which is why I think the Judge will throw out their case due to no legal standing. Who knows though. Either way, i am sure the case will be appealed to the court of appeals and I am *hoping* that MI makes some changes, but I am not really hopeful. The hearing was adjourned. Don't know the reason why, as I was in another courtroom doing a hearing on another controversial area, grandparents rights.

Anyway, click here to read the article.

Today was busy, as usual. We stopped after work to pick up Kurt's new suit I got him half off in Monroe. Love supporting local businesses. I got a package from Sephora the other day with a couple necessities. Got this new lip gloss on clearance by Cargo that I love! And decided to try a new mascara and ended up loving it, by Make-Up Forever.

Anyway, off to bed!

No comments: