Friday, May 01, 2009

Vaccine Queen

I think I am the most vaccinated person I know. I have mixed feelings about vaccines, in reality. But, I really feel like I need them with the weird ass places Kurt and I choose to travel to.

Anyway, today we went and had the third shot in a series of three for Hep A. Done with those now. But, we are going to have to go back for more for the Uganda trip. For sure we need a Polio booster. Our Typhoid expires in November, but since we had our first shot, a pill came on the market you can take that covers you for 5 years, so we will prob take that instead of the shot. We may get the rabies vaccine and some other too, as there is this one Chimp walk I want to do at a sanctuary and in order to do it, you have to have proof of some vaccines I do not have yet. We will see. Anyway, my arm is a little bit sore, so I took it easy tonight.

Speaking of Uganda, I wired my downpayment to them today. I had never wired money before, it was a new experience. So, the trip is set in stone now, and I already can't wait. :).

Went to dinner with Kurty, and watched the Tigers lose. Booooo.

Have a busy weekend ahead of me. Hoping for some nice nonrainy weather so I can maybe take a walk and take some spring greenery pics.

Hope everyone has a fun weekend! Safe travels to Jessica going to Orlando and Mindy and her boys!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Tigers may have lost but the Red Wings rocked a win! At least we know they can win a championship :) (Even though you don't watch hockey)

Rachael said...

I'm the same way... I have mixed feelings about vaccines... however, going to certain parts of the world, I'd rather not chance it!

Jennifer said...

I love that you watch the Tigers every day! I do the same thing with my baseball team!

Megan said...

Have you had any crazy side effect experiences with any of the vaccines?

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Megan, nope, no side effects at all. And I have had quite a few in the past two years including, Hep A, Hep B, Typhoid, Yellow Fever, Tetanus, taking malaria pills, and more I think........