Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Nothingness


it's been a while, and I am not really feeling motivated to post for some reason. however, i do not want to get so far behind that i forget everything that has (or hasn't) been going on....

Loved my weekend. I wanted to have a kinda "nothing" weekend, as my three day workweek was INTENSE with stressful court hearings, and I did not want any times I needed to be anywhere or do anything.

Saturday, I had a pedicure, which was MUCH needed. I had it at my fav spa near my house, as they were having 20% off all services on Saturday. I normally do not get pedis there, because they are more pricey than the walk in places, but I like the girls there so I just said screw it, and went. My toes now look fabulous. Did some laundry, went grocery shopping, and just kinda was lazy other than that.

Sunday, I did even less. Did some laundry, made some cookies, did some dishes and light cleaning, worked out, but other than that, was lazy. Took a walk with the pugs in the yard, which was nice, and sat outside for a little bit to listen to the birds and just be in the sunshine......

Last night, I got to have dinner with Charlene, which was awesome. I headed after work to Canton, where she is staying at a hotel for work. Picked her up, and headed to Max and Erma's for dinner. Dinner was great, and just sitting and talking to Charlene was awesome. We have a lot in common (except that she wants 7 kids and I don't know, haha), and it's nice to just relax with someone who kinda gets where you are coming from. And she is an awesome date, as she paid for me! :). I don't even remember the last person, besides Kurt, that paid for me for a meal. I generally fight this tooth and nail and don't like it, but since she gets to submit the bill to work, I felt slightly better about it. :). Thanks again, Char.......

Tonight, I was in a cooking kinda mood, so I made grilled marinated tuna, cheesy hashed brown potatoes, and a homemade cheesecake. The cheesecake is still chilling, but the rest of the meal was super yummy. I have never made cheesecake before, so I guess we will see how it tastes when Kurt tries it sometime tomorrow. :). It looks good though.

Off to bed........

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Your lazy days don't sound that lazy to me :P

Lori Anne Haskell said...

sadly, that's lazy to me.....LOL. It does not sound lazy though reading it, does it? haha.