Friday, September 05, 2008

New Super and Xmas Trip Booked!

Well, last night was round two of interviews for the superintendent position and we finally picked someone! I am assuming he accepted, but we have to go through contract negotiations and all of that with him next. I am so happy to have that done with. It was stressful kinda being in limbo, and our interim super, I am sure, really wants to get to be more in retirement and out of the stress of the job.

Plus, Kurt was kinda starting to miss me not being home at night, ;). He will never admit that, but I know his secrets.......:).

Don't remember if I posted this yet or not but, I booked our Xmas trip for the year! And my Aunt is coming with us too, which should be fun. I am really excited that she is coming, as she has always wanted to go to this destination. Sooo, we are going to the Galapagos Islands. I can't freaking wait. It used to be the top destination that I wanted to go to, although it has moved below Borneo and Zambia now..........We are taking a cruise, but it is not what people normally think of a cruise. There are only a max of 16 people on this yacht, and you only cruise at night to the next island, then hike and snorkle all day long. We fly into Quito, then take a plane to the Galapagos to our ship. I sent in the deposit on the 3rd, and the rest is due this month, so I guess my trip will be paid for far in advance which is kinda nice, because I wont have to take the hit in December, which is generally a slightly slower month at the office. Anyway. Should be awesome. Anyone on here been there and have tips?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You go on the best trips! Didn't you just get back from one ;)

You lucky duck!

Nancy said...

Nice!! That sounds amazing! How do you find out about those amazing trips ?