Saturday, August 02, 2008

Leisure


Friday night, I was craving sushi, so Kurt and I went to Dolce Vita for dinner in Monroe. We each got miso soup, then split a king california roll, shrimp tempura roll, and another roll I can't recall, then we each had dessert--me, tiramisu and him, key lime pie. Everything was superbly yummy. It was a nice dinner out.

Today, I woke up feeling really, really weird and out of it. Super tired, lazy, etc. I think sometimes, I just need some rest. We were supposed to work today, but I really could not do it. So, we just kinda stayed around the house. Did run a couple errands, and I think it was good for me to be in the sun and just take a ride....Went and picked up bird seed and stopped at the pond store too. I ended up buying a lotus plant for the pond, which is gorgeous. Love it. We also bought some floral floater plants, 4 catfish, 5 frogs, and fish food. Love all the new additions to the pond, especially the little froggies. We had bought some previously, but have not seen them in forever, and I *think* that maybe the herons ate them. :(. Hopefully these survive. Tried to do some laundry and cleaning, but just did not feel like doing much. Did get some stuff done though......

Kurt was laughing hysterically at Oscar earlier today. He took them out to the pond, and Oscar notices anything new. Well, he noticed the lotus plant right away, and started barking and howling at it. He tried to *get* it, but we put it pretty far out, and he would have had to swim, and he was not doing that......He practically had to tear Oscar away from the pond. I think Oscar thinks new things in the pond are *alive* and he is trying to protect us from the intruders....LOL.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a nice weekend! :).

No comments: