Friday, January 05, 2007

Holiday Shopping Drama


so, on the way home from work today, I realized that TOMORROW is Friday. Why does that matter, you may ask? Well, Friday is the night we are celebrating Xmas late with some of my family, because Kurt and I were out of town. My sister and her fiance and his two kids will be there, as well as my Aunt, Dad, and Grama, and me, Kurt and Kory.

Next. Ask me how many gifts I have purchased? One. For my Aunt.

Fast forward to Lori heading to the mall after work to buy all the gifts. Ugh. besides the fact that I detest shopping, I really hate shopping under pressure. The reason I go away for the holidays is to avoid this crap. Ugh. I would have shopped earlier, but this cold took over my world and I could not leave the house, literally.

Well, got the shopping done. Thank God my sister loves gift cards because that was easy. My Grama is the hardest person ever to shop for. She rarely leaves her house as she does not drive, and really needs nothing. The things she *does* need, she refuses, like maid service (she does not want the maid to see how messy her house is), etc. Aargh. Ended up getting her two things she requested as well as a frame for my graduation picture, a really nice blanket (to cuddle up with while watching her fav Suzy Orman) and a necklace. She loves jewelry (maybe that is who I got it from, LOL).

I am a little bit nervous about tomorrow. My sister (who is 2 years younger than me) and my Dad, have not spoken in like 10 years. They got in an argument about 10 years ago, which was partially about my stepMom who my Dad is in the process of divorcing, and both are so stubborn, they have not spoken. Well, my Aunt asked my sister if she cared if my Dad came, and Christie said no (really meaning yes). So, my Aunt invited my Dad. It had been set up that we were doing two Xmases, one with my Dad, and one with my sister. I just have no idea how this is going to go.......

Came home and did some laundry and tried to clean that room up a little bit. I had clothing that really needed to be bagged up for the salvation army. Finally did some of that. Yay.


Off to bed........

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Ack, good luck tomorrow!

Rebecca said...

Hope tonight is at least fun, and if not, OUR family Christmas will just be twice as fun on Sunday!

RachelSW said...

Hey, I am sure that you found some fantastic after xmas sales. And the malls are not as busy now...thank goodness.