Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Weekend

So, had a pretty busy weekend.

Friday night, Kurt and I went to dinner, then went to Target and finally bought an iPod! Kurt has been wanting one for various reasons--in the car, on the plane, etc., and I wanted one for running outside when I do that. Or on the treadmill when nothing good is on TV. So, I had been researching and trying to figure out which one was the best. I started out skeptical about iPods because I did not want to buy something simply because it is the "cool" brand, or because that is what everyone else has. I wanted the best one on the market, period. But, from all the research I did, I could rarely find ANYTHING negative about iPods, which other brands seemed to have more downfalls. Soooooo, we got the Ipod Nano 4GB. It holds 1000 songs. We were going to get one that held less songs, but figured with 1000, we will rarely, if ever, have to erase anything. Also bought the cutest little carrier for it that is turquoise. Kurt would not let me get a pink iPod, but he caved a little with the color of the carrier. ;). Anyway, downloaded all the software and bought 4 songs from itunes to test it out. Awesome, awesome sound quality and the technology is incredible. I then started downloading my cds to my computer, and putting them on the iPod. This is going to take a really long time, but wanted to get it going. So, to sum it up, love the iPod and highly recommend. I will post more as I figure out the tricks to the thing. It appears I can put photos on it, as well as an address book and calendar. Crazy.

Saturday, I went to Utica to meet up with my sister for lunch and shopping. We went to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch and to a couple stores shopping. She had to be back to her hotel at 4:30 p.m. to meet up with her fiance. So, I got a cute pair of capri workout pants at Dunham's and also got a car air freshener and batteries at Bed Bath and Beyond (I know, exciting purchases, LOL, but things I needed). Came home, and had to almost immediately get ready for dinner in Canton with my Aunt, sister, her fiance, and Kurt. We went to Max and Erma's, and had a great time. My sister and I always crack eachother and everyone else up with our stories about growing up. Her ring is beautiful that Jim bought her, and she is starting to talk about planning her wedding which is fun. I guess as of now, the bridesmaid dresses are going to be silver, and the wedding colors silver and white. Jim will wear his military uniform. I wish I lived up there so I could help more, because she really needs to get going on this and I really think she has no idea where to start. And everyone knows I love planning things, LOL. She has a ton of friends getting married the same year as her and she is in all the weddings, so her year is going to be crazy busy.

The picture below cracked us up. Oscar had just come in from playing outside and was SOOO out of breath, but SOOO happy at the same time. We thought it appeared he was smiling.......Who says dogs don't smile?



Today, I have been lounging around the house. It is raining outside, so I could not really get outside to take any Spring pictures. I took this one yesterday in the yard though, just to display COLOR. Yay for color coming back.



I tried to get some laundry done, but I think I need lazy days once in a while. The kitten is really starting to come out more often and "trying" to play with the pugs, but Gretel is a little rough with him still. Oscar and Vito are doing great though. Just so you know, kittens have a really hard life.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

LOVE the pic of Oscar! he looks so funny! We have a little Boston Terrier and she gets that face when we play ball. The kids call her Miss Piggy because she has such a hard time breathing when she has been running...Ha!
I remember your sister when she was little! Congrads to her for getting married!
Have you started finals yet? Me the next two weeks....ALMOST DONE!!!!!

Shannon said...

Very cute pic! I was also thinking about getting an ipod..your review will be helpful in the decision making...Has Christie set a date yet?